Job Ad: Community, Public Affairs, and Standards Lead
We are recruiting a Community, Public Affairs, and Standards Lead at Wayfindr
Post: Community, Public Affairs, and Standards Lead
Hours: Full Time
Location, Dalston E8
Application Deadline: March 29th
To apply, send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This role is offered on a fixed term contract until December 2020.
This role is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund
Do you want to help drive the next phase for a multi-award winning Social Impact Tech for Good company, backed by the Big Lottery Fund, Google.org and Comic Relief?
Wayfindr is a non-profit organisation, set up to create the first global standard for audio wayfinding on mobile devices. We want to empower vision impaired people to overcome isolation and navigate the world just using their smart phone. We are a small organisation with big ambitions and a global footprint.
You’ll be charged with implementing a public affairs communication strategy to promote the adoption of Audio Based Navigation by major stakeholders across the sectors of transport, retail, tech companies and public bodies. You’ll also oversee Wayfindr’s media and social media activity, and community management and engagement.
You will need to work with app developers, building owners, urban design professionals and their trade associations. This will be on an international scale, with a focus on the UK, Europe and USA. With the indoor digital navigation market set for massive growth between now and 2022, this is a unique opportunity to build a more accessible and inclusive world for people with sight loss, underpinned by mobile technology.
- Implement a public affairs strategy to achieve business plan targets
- Monitor and report on delivery of the strategy (for funders and the Board)
- Manage a stakeholder database and report on adoption progress against prospects
- Represent Wayfindr at meetings and events
- Manage Wayfindr’s media and social media activity
- Consolidate insight reports on policy and industry developments that will affect Wayfindr
- Oversee Wayfindr’s Community, including consultations, communications and partnerships to deliver projects
- Monitor backlog of assumptions for future versions of the Wayfindr Open Standard
- Assist and educate stakeholders in using the open standard and advise clients on why and how to use the standard
- Experience of developing public affairs strategies and ability to implement them
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Great networking skills
- Good project management
- Understanding of technology, transport, retail, or planning policy desirable
- Political and government knowledge of the UK, Europe and USA desirable
- Knowledge of how public standards are developed and maintained desirable
- Knowledge of mobility and orientation for vision impaired people useful
- Knowledge of digital innovation in smart cities useful